Spend the week of June 28-July 5, 2015 living, learning, and playing music with masters of a wide variety of fiddling styles. The Festival of American Fiddle Tunes provides an opportunity to be in community with the bearers of fiddle traditions.
We have just opened registration for the 2015 gathering. Folks who register early get first crack at Fort Housing – so don’t wait!
Fiddle Tunes started in 1977. It’s a week-long, total-immersion workshop with a hallmark of presenting an expansive array of fiddle styles from specific regions of the world. Workshops, classes, band labs, tutorials, dances, concerts, singing, open jams, hat parties – all contribute to participants’ experience.
We’re still working on the 2015 artist faculty, but here is who we already have confirmations for – stay tuned for updates:
- Vesta Johnson, with Steve Hall
- Billy Baker, with Jack Hinshelwood
- Rodney Miller, with Sandy Bradley
- Kristian Bugge, Morten Alfred Høirup, and Sonnich Lydom
- Lisa Ornstein, Andre Marchand, and Normand Miron
- Brian Conway, Rose Conway Flanagan, and Mark Simos
- Kinnon and Betty Lou Beaton
- Christine Balfa and friends
- Ruthie Dornfeld
- Jody Stecher
- Mr. Milton Vanicor