FINANCE ASSOCIATE – Centrum, one of Washington’s leading arts organizations and producer of nationally acclaimed festivals in jazz, acoustic blues, chamber music, fiddle tunes, writing, and youth programs has an entry level opportunity in its Finance Department. The right candidate has a high school diploma or equivalent, training and/or experience in bookkeeping/accounting (two years of accounting related degree or experience preferred), excellent attention to detail, strong communication and interpersonal skills, excellent working knowledge of Excel, QuickBooks experience (strongly preferred), and a desire to be part of a non-profit dedicated to promoting unique creative experiences that change lives. This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package and a pay range from $12 to $14.50 per hour. To apply, send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to Gigi Callaizakis at email@example.com.
Centrum is an equal opportunity employer.
JOB TITLE: Finance Associate
JOB STATUS: Full-Time Non-exempt Hourly Position with Benefits
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
The Finance Associate will be responsible for overall processing of deposits, accounts payable, donations, timecards, and monthly reporting requirements. In the “off season,” this position will also assist in the Operations Department as available and needed. This position requires foresight, planning, communication, follow-through and a willingness to accomplish tasks efficiently as a professional representative of Centrum.
- Accounts Payable – enter bills into Quick Books with proper coding, maintain current filing system and archives, and perform research as needed.
- Receive payments in customer center, record donations appropriately, record/process deposits, and communicate with Development Manager when necessary.
- Assure all contracts are scanned and saved electronically; assure vendor information is input to QuickBooks and ADP for year-end 1099 reporting.
- Responsible for all incoming/outgoing mailroom activities. Maintain monthly copy and fax record keeping, perform program allocations, and generate journal entry reports.
- Process payroll/timecards and maintain accurate sick/vacation/leave accruals.
- Update office manual and directory as needed.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Establish and maintain professional relationships with Centrum employees, donors, volunteers, faculty, students, Fort Worden employees/partners and general public.
- Act as backup for monthly payroll processing and distribution as needed and perform other duties as required.
- Make bank deposits and drop off and pick up mail on a daily basis.
- Assist Operations Department by greeting public and ordering office supplies.
- Perform reception duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree in related bookkeeping or accounting field or equivalent accounting training strongly desired.
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel, have familiarity with use of QuickBooks, and be well oriented with the Internet.
- Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various problems and prioritize work.
- Must be detail oriented in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must have high level interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must have a driving record with no more than two moving violations or at-fault violations in the last three years and no major driving violations to be insurable on Centrum’s auto liability policy.
- Must be willing to work weekends and evenings when needed.
- Team player.
- Positive customer service skills.
- Fluency with Quick Books, MS Office, Internet and new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize.
- This position requires the ability to use a keyboard, ten-key, complete written documents, sit for extended periods of time and operate general office equipment including a mail machine and copier.
- It also requires the ability to access transportation for purposes of running bank errands.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Director, Human Resources
(360) 385.3102, ext. 121
Centrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Centrum conducts background checks as part of its hiring process. Read our Consent and Disclosure information form.