The Port Townsend Marine Science Center is an
educational and scientific organization devoted to understanding and
conserving our marine and shoreline environment.
Through its various programs the PTMSC:
- Teaches respect for and stewardship of the myriad life forms in that environment;
- Creates active and involving educational experiences for groups, with a particular emphasis on youth;
- Offers professional development and curriculum design for teachers;
- Provides exhibits, programs, and publications featuring local marine and shoreline habitat, history, flora, and fauna;
- Encourages meaningful volunteer experiences in PTMSC activities;
- Provides citizen science opportunities for the general public;
- Partners and cooperates with other organizations dedicated to the conservation of Puget Sound and the NW Straits;
understanding of and participation in local, national, and
international decisions impacting the marine and shoreline environment.
From April 1 to June 15, the PTMSC is open on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from noon to 4pm.
Contact the PTMSC at (360) 385-5582, or (800) 566-3932. Email firstname.lastname@example.org