We're pleased to announce that tickets are now on sale for
Centrum's summer performances at Fort Worden State Park in Port
Townsend. Highlights of the 2007 summer season include:
- Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Paul Moravec and Trio Solisti anchor the Port Townsend Chamber Music Festival, led by new Artistic Director Helen Callus.
- Centrum's June 10 special
sneak preview of the Seattle Men’s Chorus’ new show “Scared Faithless,”
a look at religion through the lens of experiences by gay men and women.
- South African teaspoon slide guitar player Hannes Coetzee and Grammy winning vocalist Laurie Lewis performing at the combined Voiceworks/Port Townsend Slide & Steel Festival.
- National Heritage Award fellows Liz Carroll and Paul Dahlin, along
with the Carolina Chocolate Drops and dozens more, turning up the
temperature during the Festival of American Fiddle Tunes.
- Writers Eileen Myles, Arthur Sze, Thomas Glave Camille Dungy and
others whom Artistic Director Rebecca Brown says “work beyond the
bounds of well-behaved American literature” at the Port Townsend Writers’ Conference.
- Roberta Gambarini, the Banda Brothers Latin All-Stars and NEA Jazz
Master Gerald Wilson joining Artistic Director John Clayton and others
at Jazz Port Townsend, Washington’s longest-running summer jazz festival.
- The Port Townsend Country Blues Festival,
the nation’s largest gathering of acoustic blues musicians, welcomes
National Heritage Award winners Eddie Pennington, Henry Gray and John
Cephas, as well as Robert Belfour and many more.
Information on ordering tickets is available on our Information Center site.