We are pleased to announce that the following writers will be appearing at the Port Townsend Writers’ Conference in 2008! These writers will give afternoon workshops to complement and round out the workshops that participants take with our morning workshop faculty. These workshops are free to all participants registered for a core morning workshop. For rates and registration information, please visit https://centrum.org/admin/register.html. The Port Townsend Writers’ Conference takes place July 13 through July 20.
- Poets Jeannine Hall Gailey and Peter Pereira will offer afternoon workshops in special forms of poetry. Their workshops will take place on alternating days from Monday through Thursday.
- Children’s literature author Deb Lund will offer workshops in the craft of children’s literature Monday through Friday.
- Ellie Mathews will offer workshops in the craft of writing for young readers on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Nonfiction writer and Bellingham Review editor Brenda Miller will offer a two-day workshop session in the lyric essay Wednesday and Thursday, and participate in a panel on Friday along with the editors of the Crab Creek Review, Willow Springs, and Tidepools.
- Narrative journalist Patricia Morrison Coate will present a Wednesday workshop in writing feature articles for magazines.
- Nonfiction writer Brandon Schrand will offer a Thursday workshop in writing the memoir.
- Morning workshop faculty member Kathleen Alcalá will present an afternoon workshop in using maps to imagine and create new stories.
- In addition, there are several other workshops being added, that we will announce as soon as we have lined up the dates! Workshop registration for the summer Conference is already half full, after only one week of registrations, so if your summer plans include the Port Townsend Writer’s Conference/Retreat make sure to reserve your place soon.