Our Development team is looking for a Development Associate!
As our Development Associate you will provide data entry, gift processing, database maintenance and reconciliation, report production, and event support necessary to the success of Centrum’s Development Department. The Development Associate’s understanding of RENXT and Auction Tracker is critical to timely gift processing and special event fundraising. In this position you will serve as the first point of contact with the public and provide general support to the Development Department.
The Development Associate is a full time (30-40 hours per week) position, eligible for our comprehensive benefit package, and reports to the Senior Director of Development. Wage: $17.00 per hour.
Interested in applying? Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@Centrum.org
Read on for more info about the position…
- Maintain, refine policies and procedures for, and conduct data entry in RENXT and Auction Tracker
- Reconcile development data entry with finance department data entry; resolve issues
- Enter/import data in RENXT, including lead/portfolio assignments, address corrections, notes, and gift information; pull reports; assist with transfer of data from ticket sales and workshop registration systems (swoop)
- Manage Auction Tracker data, with focus on event set-up, picklists, guest registration, and global processes
- Implement segmentation and pull mailing lists for direct mail campaigns; produce mail merges for direct mail and Gala donor/guest communications; manage print jobs
RENXT and Auction Tracker
- Enter data associated with all contributed income and Gala acquisitions and donations, advertisements, sponsorships, and guest registration
- Generate and mail acknowledgments
- Generate mailing lists, donation lists, guest lists, and reports
- Address donor and prospect concerns
- Using RENXT, the Internet, and public records, research and create reports that provide information about current and prospective donors
- Assist with implementation of cultivation events such as post-concert Chamber Music receptions, Salons, and Summer Season mainstage matinee donor receptions for Fiddle Tunes, Jazz, and Blues; includes recruiting volunteers, creating nametags, purchasing and prepping refreshments, venue decor, guest registration, and assisting during and after the event
- Assist with organization, set-up, and staffing of the Centrum information booth during the Summer Season
- Assist with Gala by managing guest registration and pre- and post-event activities, providing guidance to Gala Volunteer Chair and Volunteer Coordinator re Gala volunteer recruitment and training, and supporting Gala production as needed
- Some weekends and evening hours required
- Overall support of events at Centrum
- Other duties as assigned and developed in collaboration with the Senior Director of Development
- One year of experience with development or other office administration
- Associate degree with course work in non-profit management or development preferred
- Proven ability with data entry, Excel spreadsheets and distribution lists, and use of Internet for fundraising purposes
- Experience working in a deadline driven environment while handling multiple priorities
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be willing and able to work weekends and evenings when needed
- Team player
- Fluency with MS Office and Internet
- Ability to master RENXT and Auction Tracker data entry and report functions
- Attention to detail in composing, proofing, and producing materials
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills; confidentiality; commitment to donor stewardship and service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Interested in applying? Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@Centrum.org Thanks!
Centrum is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Director, Human Resources
(360) 385.3102, ext. 121
Centrum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Centrum conducts background checks as part of its hiring process. Read our Consent and Disclosure information form.