WHALE CAMP will run August 16-21, 2009 and is for youth age 12-14.
and conservation as the guiding forces, at WHALE CAMP you will:
- Examine our new orca skeleton.
- Take to the water on an orca whale-watching cruise and research mission in the San Juan Islands.
- Conduct hydrophone research to learn about Orca communication in Puget Sound.
- Assemble a gray whale skeleton and compare its bones to your own bones.
- Create your own sounds and movement based on your observations.
- Compare the sounds of the sea: whales, dolphins, shrimp, grunt sculpins and creatures not yet identified.
- Visit The Whale Museum in Friday Harbor.
- Create enormous marine sculptures.
Visit our WHALE CAMP page for complete information, and to register. Space is limited!