summer, spend an exciting week on Puget Sound with marine scientists
and artists, who will take you into the world of these grand creatures.
And not a moment too soon.
Located at Fort Worden State Park in Port Townsend, WA, Centrum and the Port Townsend Marine Science Center merge
the worlds of art and science in the body of the whale.
WHALE CAMP will run August 16-21, 2009 and is for youth age 12-14.
and conservation as the guiding forces, at WHALE CAMP you will:
- Examine our new orca skeleton.
- Take to the water on an orca whale-watching cruise and research mission in the San Juan Islands.
- Conduct hydrophone research to learn about Orca communication in Puget Sound.
- Assemble a gray whale skeleton and compare its bones to your own bones.
- Create your own sounds and movement based on your observations.
- Compare the sounds of the sea: whales, dolphins, shrimp, grunt sculpins and creatures not yet identified.
- Visit The Whale Museum in Friday Harbor.
- Create enormous marine sculptures.
Visit our WHALE CAMP page for complete information, and to register. Space is limited!