The Friends of Fort Worden invite you to take a walk or run through historic Fort Worden State Park in beautiful Port Townsend, Washington on Saturday, April 16, 2011 at 10am.
The Tunnel Vision 5K course meanders past old bunkers and gun batteries, through a 110 ft. and a 160 ft. tunnel. Much of the route takes you under a canopy of fir and madrona trees. The last portion is mostly downhill through the trees, and finishes near the start.
- The closed course is a combination of pavement and dirt trails with no car traffic.
- The course starts and finishes near the upper campground by Bldg. 372 (Old Mule Barn).
- Open to all ages and fitness levels.
- Walkers welcome; headsets okay.
- No dogs or wheels allowed.
- Awards for overall male & female and first three in each age group.
- Proceeds benefit the Friends of Fort Worden.
To register, visit The Friends of Fort Worden online.