Our friends at Crossroads Music in Port Townsend are once again paying for a young, aspiring blues musician from Jefferson or Clallam County to attend the Port Townsend Acoustic Blues Workshop.
Crossroads Music began this music scholarship to honor their dear friend and teacher John Potter who passed in 2013. He taught at Crossroads Music for 16 years and gave so much of his time to teaching so many in this community and helping continue Port Townsend’s heritage as an arts community. Music was a deep passion for John and he believed in its power to transform lives.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or younger.
- The scholarship is open to all types of musicians, including vocalists, guitar, uke, banjo, piano players and any type of instrument taught at the workshop.
- The scholarship funds are for tuition only to attend the Port Townsend Acoustic Blues Workshop, held July 31-August 7, 2016.
- Applicant must be a resident of Jefferson County or Clallam County, Washington.
- One person will be chosen to receive the scholarship. If the recipient cannot attend the workshop, the scholarship will be awarded to another applicant.
Deadline, Submission & Notification
- DEADLINE: The deadline to submit your application is July 1, 2016.
- SUBMISSION: Submit your application at Crossroads Music by person or by mail to: 2100 Lawrence Street, Port Townsend, WA 98368
- NOTIFICATION: The scholarship will be awarded on July 6th, 2016.
Applications are available at Crossroads Music or on the Crossroads Music website.