Crackin’ the Vault
An exploration of the Centrum archives
Crackin’ the Vault, a new radio show on KPTZ 91.9FM Port Townsend, features musical nuggets from the last five decades of Centrum programming, including Country Blues, Fiddle Tunes, Voice Works, Slide and Steel, and one-time shows from the 90s. More than 55 National Heritage Fellows have participated in Centrum programming, and we’ll be broadcasting some of their finest performances. Hosted by Peter McCracken
Episode 19: The Horse Flies, and other gems from 1987
A listen to some of the folks who were at the 11th Festival of American Fiddle Tunes, and a conversation with Judy Hyman and Jeff Claus. The festival was curated and managed by David Romtvedt that year.
- The Horse Flies – Jeff and Judy plus the incomparable Richie Stearns and the late John Hayward.
- Marley’s Ghost – Danny Wheetman, Ed Littlefield, Mike Phelan, and Jon Wilcox.
- Tiny Moore, with his big band – Kevin Wimmer, Joe Weed, Bill Meyer, Nancy Katz, David Sebring, David Cahn, Dean and Debra Moore.
- Paul Hostetter and Irene Herrmann.
- Cleofes Ortiz with Jeanie McLerie, Ken Keppeler, Paul Rangell, and Emily Abbink.
- And Andre Alain from Quebec.
Most Crackin the Vault shows will be available on the Centrum podcast channel:
Thanks for listening, have fun!