Based on feedback we have been receiving in the past 24 hours from ticket holders as well as our artist faculty—coupled with the very latest forecast for rain tomorrow via NOAA—we must put everyone’s health and safety first and have therefore, despite our best intentions earlier this week, decided that we cannot realistically move our Blues concert indoors to the McCurdy Pavilion.
We desperately wanted this to be a reasonable option, but it has proven too uncomfortable given the rise in the Delta variant in our state, and our commitment to you and our artists that we will take every precaution to present a safe environment for live music.
We are very sorry for this news. We sympathize with the disappointment you may feel with this situation. We, too, are disappointed.
What we will do:
- For the safety of our artists, we will present the full concert tomorrow afternoon as an online high-definition livestream broadcast. (For the record, we will not be at the McCurdy Pavilion).
- Ticket holders are welcome to either:
- “Attend” virtually from the comfort of your home (you need not reply; we will send all ticket buyers the link on Saturday morning),
- Request a full refund for the cost of your tickets (click here), or
- Convert your ticket purchase to a donation and receive donor recognition for one year (click here).
If you would like to purchase tickets for this online event, click here.
Our livestream broadcast will be via YouTube. As a viewer, you will not need any special software or applications, other than access to the Internet.
It pains us all to make this decision, but alas, we must do this now as we cannot accomplish everything required for the performance without a minimum of 24-hours notice.
With regret, this will have to be our firm plan for Saturday. We were so looking forward to seeing everyone again in person on the McCurdy lawn tomorrow. We will look forward to seeing you at a live concert at Centrum in the future.
Thank you so much for your understanding and support. It means a great deal to us all.
Centrum Acoustic Blues