August 13 – 20, 2023
Fort Worden, Port Townsend, WA
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN DANCE!
Presented by Seattle Theatre Group and Centrum, The DANCE This Camp at Centrum provides an opportunity for high school students to study a wide range of dance styles and techniques in a supportive, yet challenging atmosphere.
Each day includes technique classes and repertory sessions, with time for meals and exploring the Fort Worden campus. At the end of the week, students share their work at a Sunday showcase for friends and family.
· Classes include Modern, Hip Hop, Jazz, Cultural and other dance forms
· Residency program with private dorm rooms, counselors and staff
· Beach, Bon Fire, Talent Share and more!
· Final share performance at McCurdy Pavilion at Ft. Worden
WHO: Open to students entering grades 9-12 with at all levels of dance experience–from beginner to advanced.
LOCATION: Centrum is located at Fort Worden State Park, Port Townsend, WA. Perched on the Northeast tip of the Olympic Peninsula, Fort Worden offers 450 acres of sandy beaches, wooded hills, wetlands, and a historic campus, with stunning views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the Olympic and Cascade ranges. Renovated Fort buildings, including classrooms, dormitories, performance and studio spaces, serve as students’ homes during their time at Centrum. Dorm wings are supervised by experienced dorm counselors.
COST: Tuition, room and board for the week is $975 per participant. A limited number of scholarships are available. Scholarship Deadline: July 23, 2023; Notifications on a rolling basis.
If your dance team, studio or group is interested in signing up together and receiving a group discount, please contact us, email@example.com.
DEPOSITS AND DEADLINES:
· $100 non-refundable tuition deposit is due. Exception is made for students applying for a scholarship, in which case a $25 deposit is required.
· July 17: Scholarship application final deadline. update deadline dates
· July 23: Payment in full deadline. After this date $400 is non-refundable update deadline dates
Questions? Email us!
For questions and/or to inquire about group rates contact, firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about all STG’s DANCE This programs visit stgpresents.org/ece/dance-this
2023 Faculty will be announced soon!
The health and safety of all participants and staff are our priority. We will use the best covid practice and recommendations to determine health and safety protocols for this program. As things may change, we may be updating all participants of protocols as we get closer to the event.