NOMINATION OF THE 2022 ARTISTIC CURATOR:
AN OUTLINE OF OUR PROCESS
We are now inviting our community to be a part of the nomination and search process for the 2022 Artistic Curator for the Port Townsend Writers Conference. The title of the role has been changed to Artistic Curator and is designed to be limited to three years (with annual review). We want to take a moment to recognize that previous Artistic Directors have had varying views of their responsibilities and their duties. It is our hope that by updating the title for this position and clarifying responsibilities, focusing on a community-lead nomination process, and building a transparent and accountable system in making this selection, this selection will reflect what we wish for from the Artistic Curators themselves: a continued embrace of change, a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and a spirit of collaboration.
Anyone can nominate a candidate for consideration. Please read the job description carefully before submitting a nomination. Your nomination should include information about the candidate such as: their qualifications and how they align with the Artistic Curator for PTWC
job description (linked), your professional experience with them as a colleague or student and any additional information that you think makes them an excellent candidate (such as their involvement in the literary community, their knowledge of Centrum, their work to support Writers of Color or other diverse and underrepresented groups, etc). Nominations are sent to email@example.com.
PROCESS and TIMELINE
1. Selection of nominating committee. The committee is a group of 3-5 Centrum community members, writers, participants and PTWC faculty who will review nominations and interview the candidates.
2. Nominations can be submitted until September 30th, 2021.
3. The nomination committee reviews candidates, invites candidates to submit additional information and participates in interviewing nominees throughout September and October, 2021. Interviews with advancing candidates will be conducted and reviewed by all committee members
5. Committee makes a formal recommendation to the Executive Director of Centrum, who finalizes the hire in collaboration with Centrum’s standard HR protocols.
6. . Centrum is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We act to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.